5 SpooOOoooOOOky Halloween Cocktails to Get the Party Started!
Today's all about LIFESTYLE -- and what better way to kick off the party than with the Bomber team's favorite Halloween cocktails?
Grab your favorite pair of Bombers to top off your Halloween costume, then grab your boos and ghouls to raise a glass at your spook-tacular event! 👻🍸🎃
(Have we taste-tested these? Yes. Will we stop with the Halloween puns? Absolutely not.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: We love a good party at Bomber HQ, but we also know how important it is to drink responsibly. Keep your Halloween adventures safe and fun for everyone -- because nothing's spookier than a Halloween night gone wrong!
Candy Corn Shots
Inspired By: The MEGA Bomb -- a Bomber Eyewear classic! There isn't as much of a mega controversy over the MEGA Bomb as there is over candy corn, but we can all agree that these floatable polarized sunglasses aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Pro tip: If you shop the MEGA Bomb in Polarized Orange Mirror, you're basically putting candy corn on your face. But, you know, fashionably. Shop the inspiration here!
The Drink: Turn everyone's least favorite Halloween candy into their favorite Halloween shot! Yes, we said what we said. You need a little extra preparation for these, but the result is dangerously delicious. Get your vodka marinade ready the night before and serve these day-of in your favorite spook-themed shot glasses. Bonus points if they're orange. (Meanwhile, Kyle is yelling, "SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS! Everybodyyy!" and throwing candy in the air. You might want to keep these away from him.)
- 1 bag of candy corn
- 1 bottle of vodka
- In a large jar, dump 1 bag of candy corn.
- Fill the rest of the jar with vodka and stir to keep the candy corn from sticking.
- Let the candy corn/vodka mixture marinate overnight (such cool colors!).
- Most of the candy corn will have dissolved overnight, but strain what's left into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Strain chilled vodka into chilled shot glasses. (Don't let Kyle do this because he WILL over-pour.)
Inspired By: The SUGAR Bomb. There's something sugar, spice, and everything nice about this cocktail -- and something wicked about the SUGAR Bomb! These oversized glasses are similar to women's safety goggles, featuring a rounded lens and classic shape to make these some of the most fashionable safety glasses out there. Shop the inspiration here!
The Drink: This wickedly good cocktail comes with bright colors and a fruity taste that even the saltiest of spirits will love! After two or three of these, your friend Kyle will tell his favorite joke on repeat: "How do you make a witch scratch? Take away the W!" (Probably followed by "Brooooooo!", but the volume will be dependent on how many of these he's had.)
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 2 ounces of grenadine
- 2 ounces of Blue Curacao
- Sprite to top off your drink
- maraschino cherries for garnish
- Add your vodka, grenadine, Blue Curacao, and ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake until cool.
- Strain into a fresh glass of ice.
- Top with Sprite, your favorite lemon-lime soda, or ginger beer.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries or candy corn.
Inspired By: The BOOooooOOOooooOOOgie Bomb! (That's the BOOGIE Bomb for anyone not entertained by our jokes.) The BOOGIE Bomb is part of our big safety glasses catalog, and these UV light blocking glasses do double-duty as both sunglasses and safety glasses. You can't get spookier than our boo-tiful ghost favorites, and you can't get more classic than the Bomber Eyewear BOOGIE Bomb! Shop the inspiration here!
The Drink: A spin on the classic brunch fave, this time with more glitter! Nothing says "Halloween" like sparkles and the color orange! You can get as creative or as classic with these mimosa alternatives as you like. Just remember -- the more you decorate your glasses and the more edible glitter you throw in, the more festive you get! (And no, Kyle had no idea there was such a thing as "edible glitter" and is now posting about it on his Snap Story.)
- Orange juice (try cranberry juice for a "vampire" spook-mosa or pineapple juice for a "skeleton" one)
- Black food dye
- Edible glitter
- Pour into a child champagne flute your desired amount of champagne and orange juice. (We like to go light on the OJ, heavy on the bubbly.)
- Put a couple of drops of black food dye into drink (until the desired color is obtained).
- Add some edible glitter. Pro tip: We think black and silver are the most "Halloweeny", but you can try just about any mix to make cool colors and sparkles.
Death in the Afternoon
Inspired By: The PIPE Bomb. Like this drink's smoky presentation, the PIPE Bomb is known as one of the best smoked lenses sunglasses on the market. You can't go wrong with the PIPE in regular Smoke, Polarized Smoke, or even Silver Mirror sunglasses to add a bit of flair! (P.S. PIPE Bombs are also available as clear or tinted bifocal readers: shop Bifocal Smoke, Bifocal Polarized Smoke, and Bifocal Clear to pick up the whole collection.) Shop the inspiration here!
The Drink: Honestly, we included this one for the name. But fun fact -- it was Ernest Hemingway's favorite drink, so you know it's got to be good! This cocktail is presented with a misty, ghostly coloring -- perfect for impressing your plus one, and for hiding behind when Kyle starts yelling "BOO!" at people for no reason.
- 1½ oz. Absinthe
- 4½ oz. Chilled champagne
- Grab a chilled coupe glass (the cool one that looks like a shallow bowl on a stick) and pour in the absinthe.
- Top with champagne -- but slowly. You don't want this one to bubble over!
Inspired By: The BUZZ Bomb -- duh!!! More than a year after its introduction, the Bomber Eyewear BUZZ Bomb is still one of our most explosive styles ever. (Fun fact: The only style more popular than the BUZZ is the BOOGIE Bomb -- but BOOGIE's lead is growing narrower every day!) We think the BUZZ is just straight-up magical, and that's why it's a great match for a little hocus pocus. These big frame safety glasses were our first sunglasses with side shields -- plus they make good sunglasses for motorcycle riding! (Just stick to riding your bike TO the party and crash on the couch. We won't judge.) Shop the inspiration here!
The Drink: Put a spell on everyone with this must-have cocktail! This cocktail is inspired by bubbling witches' cauldrons, and it packs as much punch (get it?) as any witch's brew. The taste is smooth and smoky, and the gorgeous presentation will leave everyone talking about it. Oh, you wanted to know Kyle's reaction? Sorry, he fell asleep on the couch a while ago.
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 orange slices
- 4-6 splashes of your favorite bitters
- 1 sprig of herbs (rosemary for a more classic taste, a cinnamon stick to make it more fall-themed, or a cranberry garnish to be more festive and witchy)
- A cube or two of dry ice
- Pour bourbon, maple syrup, orange slices, bitters, and your chosen herb into a cocktail shaker with (regular) ice.
- Shake well for at least 30 seconds.
- Put a few cubes of dry ice in a short whiskey glass. Be careful when handling dry ice, as it can burn exposed skin! Always use a serving tool instead of your hands.
- Strain the cocktail over the dry ice and watch that beautiful spooky smoke puff up.
- Garnish with rosemary, a cinnamon stick, or a cranberry sprig.
Have a fun—but SAFE—Halloween season with these ghoulish cocktails! Be sure to follow and tag Bomber Eyewear on Instagram @bombereyewear when you make these spooky drinks! We want to see your costumes, especially if you throw in your favorite shades. Check out our costume ideas that incorporate sunglasses, and make sure you have a spook-tacular spooky season!
But before we go -- has anybody seen Kyle?