Goodbye Spooky Season, Hello Giving Season: 10 Ways to Volunteer in Your Community
With the giving season upon us, it’s time to focus on our blessings and ways to give back to your community. Here at Bomber Eyewear, we’re always looking for fun and unique ways to get involved in our town and new ways to give back to those in need.
One of our favorite things about our community is the way you're here for us -- and we're here for you! We love seeing the amazing things you get up to in your Bomber gear, from charity sports invitationals to beach cleanups to volunteering with local nonprofits -- and everything in between!
Between shopping the best Black Friday deals on sunglasses and stuffing your face with turkey his giving season, we encourage you to take the time to educate yourself about issues in your community -- and find a way to help solve them. Wherever your Bomber Eyewear may take you this holiday season, we're glad you're bringing us along for the ride.
Without further ado, here are ten ways you can give back to your community during the holiday season!
- Volunteer at an animal shelter. So many animals need our care, attention, and help. We need to find them FUR-ever homes and with your help at your local shelter, you can help these animals find companionship.
- Mentor a child or teen. Children are our future. We need people who can help guide them in everything from sports to school. Becoming a mentor can change a child’s life.
- Help the homeless. Homelessness is a worldwide problem. Help those in need by volunteering at shelters and soup kitchens.
- Make a family’s holidays special. The holidays can be extremely difficult for those who have little. You can help add some cheer by volunteering with organizations that conduct food and toy drives. Imagine the look on a child’s face on Christmas Day or the feeling of gratitude the parents will have. Make someone’s Christmas wishes come true this year!
- Organize a fundraiser. If you want to raise money for a charity or organization then hosting a fundraiser involving your community is a great way to not only raise money but get to know people in your neighborhood!
- Build a home. Habitat for Humanity and other similar organizations work around the world to build homes for those in need. Not only is this rewarding work, but you also end up learning new life skills as well! This is an especially good option for our friends in the construction and workshop spaces -- we love to see the amazing things you get up to during the holidays!
- Babysit for free. There are so many single parents out there who work multiple jobs during this time of the year to earn more money for Christmas time—give them a break by offering to babysit for free while they work.
- Help the sick. Whether you have medical experience or not, there are many people who could use your care. Hospitals, hospices, veterans, and senior homes are places where you can give your time to help those who are sick or disabled. Even if it's something as simple as buying groceries for an immunocompromised neighbor, you can help make someone's holidays a little more cheery and a lot more stress-free.
- Clean your neighborhood. Reach out to your neighbors to host a “clean the town” event! Pick up trash, mow the grass, clean graffiti off walls — whatever it is that your town needs, volunteer to help clean it up. We love joining these events anytime they're in our backyard, like at Huntington Beach.
- Rake leaves and shovel snow. As the weather changes so will the elements that hit your front yard. Help families, elderly people, sick and disabled by raking leaves, and shoveling snow as the weather changes to make sure everyone stays safe!
These are just a few ways you can give back to your community during the holidays, but we want to hear your ideas, too! Anywhere you go this holiday season, be sure to tag us on Instagram @bombereyewear so we can see what you're up to and sing your praises on our channel. The only way to make the world a better place is by working together, and we can't wait to see what you come up with!